Terms & Conditions
Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, services and support options subject to change without notice.
What is Schooble?
Schooble is an education-based social networking service provided by Schooble LTD, accessed via the web or mobile devices. Users must register before using the site, after which they may join common-interest user groups and associate themselves via a connection with organisations, such as local schools or music hubs.
Any user, group or organisation can set up display boards and upload examples of work or information on any area of activity they are involved in. A class could therefore set up a display board for a project they are currently working on and post text, pictures, audio or video.
Individual users can also record examples or work and evidence of education in their own portfolio. For example, it is possible for a teacher to build up a complete portfolio of their professional career and for a pupil to build up a history of the various projects and areas of education they have been involved in throughout the years.
Schooble also provides a repository service where resources such as documents, videos, audio and pictures can be stored and shared in a controlled environment. A teacher for example can set up a group, invites colleagues to join and load up teaching resources to be shared by other members of the group.
Security & Moderation
Schooble allows users to posts text and media for others to see. Every post is filtered, using state of the art moderation techniques, to check for inappropriate content. However, it is also your responsibility as a user to ensure that post content is non-offensive (see our harassment policy).
Schooble uses a team of moderators who monitor and analyse user’s behaviour over time. Users can report malicious/offensive material at any time, in which the moderation team will act accordingly.
Online Safety Tips for Minors
- NEVER give out personal information such as your name, phone number or address
- Never share your password with anyone except your parents. If your password does not work, let your parents know as your account may have been stolen.
- Tell your parents if someone says or does something on the internet that makes you uncomfortable, or someone else asks for your personal information.
Safety online for Adults
- Never share your password with anyone. Do not write down your password on a notepad or internally within your computer.
- If you have given your consent for your children to use Schooble, ensure that they are using it in a safe manner. If you believe your child is using Schooble without your consent, contact us in which the account will be temporary suspended or terminated.
- When creating a password, use a unique password that contains a combination or upper, lower and numeric characters. Schooble secure your data within Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure, however, your password may be subject to a breach elsewhere in which your Schooble account could also be compromised.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all and any use of schooble.com and all and any postings, materials, emails and other communications made to or using it or any services run by Schooble. If you use Schooble.com, or let your children use Schooble.com, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these terms, you are forbidden to use Schooble.
- If we are notified by a parent or teacher that a child has lied about their age when registering on Schooble, or consent was not given, we may terminate the account provided we have confirmation which satisfies us that the reporting person is indeed the parent, guardian or teacher to comply with GDPR compliance.
Schooble LTD owns all materials that appear on Schooble.com, including any trademarks, trade names, slogans, logos, designs, graphics, pictures, images, text, content, images or other materials. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you grant us a license to use any content that you post on or in connection with Schooble. This license ends when you delete your content or your account, unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
Account Access Policy
Schooble LTD cannot promise that you will always be able to access your account, or other information on the site including information uploaded by you.
If we think you have violated the Rules, these Terms, or have otherwise broken the law or behaved inappropriately, we may terminate your account. We reserve the right to monitor any and all Submissions and reserve the right to remove, edit or refuse to post any Submission without notice.
You may not bully, swear, or post anything inappropriate to make others feel uncomfortable. This behaviour includes but is not limited to: unlawful, harmful, tortuous, defamatory, libellous, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, infringing, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. You may not register your username as offensive terminology, someone else’s personal name or in the case of a minor, your own name. You are forbidden to include in your submission’s viruses, malware or illegal materials. If you break this policy, we will proceed in removing the information from Schooble.com and, if necessary, take appropriate legal action.
From time to time, links may be available to third party websites. Those links are provided as a service to our users. We do not sponsor or endorse those third parties, nor do we control their activities. You should review any website terms and conditions, privacy policies, and other disclosures that those sites provide before interacting with those third parties or providing them with information about yourself.
Schooble is engaged in the business of providing an information service, and as part of its service may be transmitting, storing, retrieving, hosting, formatting, or translating third party communications, including Submissions. The views expressed in any Submission are the views of the individual contributors and not those of Schooble Limited unless specified otherwise by Schooble Limited. In particular, but without limitation to the above Schooble Limited are not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in
Schooble Limited gives no warranty and make no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within the Submissions or Schooble.com and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused because of any use of such material.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Schooble Limited against all liability it may have in respect of and arising out of your use of Schooble Limited content and your Submissions.
Schooble Limited provides and maintains Schooble.com on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Schooble Limited gives no warranty in connection with schooble.com, including that Schooble.com will work for a particular purpose. Schooble Limited does not promise that the site will always be available, or that it will work perfectly. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Schooble Limited excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of your use of Schooble.com, or any information, materials or other items you obtained from us, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to Schooble Limited and Schooble Limited shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation.
Schooble Limited shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of schooble.com for any reason, including if you break these Terms, if Schooble.com is bought by another company, or for any other reason.
Anyone linking to schooble.com must not imply or suggest affiliations to Schooble or Schooble Limited that do not exist, and the link may not refer to or portray to Schooble or Schooble Limited in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner.
No representation or warranty is made as to whether schooble.com complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries apart from the US and UK. Any legal matters that arise will be subject to the laws and jurisdictions of the courts of England and Wales.
Schooble Limited may act as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person. If Schooble Limited does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right. In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at Schooble Limited’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect. Use of Schooble.com and these terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licenses and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Schooble LTD may make alterations to the Rules or these Terms from time to time. These changes shall become effective immediately as soon as they are posted on this site.
Ownership of Website and Intellectual Property
- All right, title and interest including, but not limited to, copyright and other intellectual property rights in and to the Schooble website and service are owned by Schooble Ltd.
- Such rights are protected by UK copyright laws, other applicable laws, and international treaty provisions. Schooble Ltd retains all rights not expressly granted herein.
- You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the website. The website contents and service, including any modified or customised versions cannot be resold, redistributed, or offered as a service without explicit written permission from Schooble Ltd.
- Schooble Ltd reserves the right to refuse permission to use the website to any individual or company for any reason, and may do so without notice.
Your account responsibilities
- When you create a Schooble account you must provide personal contact information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
- You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Please make sure that you have read and understood our Privacy and GDPR Policy, which explains what data we collect, how we use and store that data and how we safeguard any data.
Warranties and Liability
- Except to the extent prohibited by local law, in no event will Schooble Ltd or its employees be liable for direct, special, incidental, consequential or other damages, either implied or incurred costs (including lost profit, lost data, or downtime costs), arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of the website, whether based in warranty, contract, tort or other legal theory, and whether not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Your use of the website is entirely at your own risk. Should the website prove defective you assume the entire cost of all service, repair or correction.
- Access to and use of this website is at the user’s own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
- Schooble Ltd shall have no liability whatsoever for any failure to perform or for any delay in the performance of any of its obligations hereunder rising wholly or in part by any reason or any factor beyond its direct control.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement, express or implied, all and any liability on the part of Schooble Ltd for consequential loss or damage is hereby expressly excluded.
- We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
- Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Terms & Conditions last reviewed: 23/09/2021.